- A strong need to urinate but when you urinate, not much urine comes out.
- A need to urinate frequently.
- As you pass the urine, it is very painful at the exit of the urethra or lower abdomen.
- Strong unusual odor to the urine.
- As you wipe after voiding, you see blood on the tissue or see blood in the urine in the toilet.
- Fever and/or lower abdominal pain
- Backache on both sides of your lower back up by your ribs (our kidneys are located about half-way up our back and protected by our rib cage).
If you are an existing patient of Dr. Jen, treatment for a UTI can be as simple as Dr. Jen calling in an antibiotic to your preferred pharmacy. If you are not an existing patient, we will schedule a same day quick visit to establish care with you which will allow us to do the same for you that day and anytime in the future should another UTI occur.
Get in touch with us and we will answer any questions you may have.